All companies and persons who install, do maintenance on, or repair marine electrical radio equipment on a boat, are required to have an authorization from the Merchant Marine Directorate. The registrations are valid for 5 years. If you registered your company for the first time in year 2007, this year you will have to renew your registration.
You can do this by filling the form you can download here and presenting it with the following documentation:
· Valid certificate of approval of ISO 9001:2002, for type M1
· Certified copy of the applicant´s DNI/NIF. In case of a power of attorney, a certified copy of the documental proof of authorization.
· A certificate to be up to date with fiscal responsibilities (AEAT)
· A certificate to be up to date with Social Security payments (TGSS)
· A statement of the payment of Economic Activity Tax, if applicable
· A list of technical staff doing work for you. In case of changes, provide qualifications or work experience
· A statement of the payment of a civil liability insurance. In case you have a new contract, the policy must be added.
· A list of appliances and measuring equipment, which have to be calibrated and in perfect condition.
· A list of offered services must be available for consultation
You have to present this documentation at the register of the Delegación del Gobierno, situated in C. Constitución 4 in Palma (tel. 971 989 000). You can also do it online with an electronic certificate, by clicking here.
The contact details of the Merchant Marine technician who can assist you:
Juan Defez Cuevas
Jefe de Servicio de Sistemas y Normativa de Telecomunicaciones
Dirección General de la Marina Mercante Subdirección General de Seguridad, Contaminación e Inspección Marítima
C/ Ruiz de Alarcón, 1 - 28014 Madrid
Phone: + 34 915979080
Fax: + 34 915979176